We constantly release new releases (called builds) even if the version is the same v3.2. We only update the version number on major feature releases.
Find out what build you are on
Latest current PRO Client and PRO Server builds are: 3.2.1045To check the build you currently have, hover the mouse over the main title text (i.e. "Mail Attachment Downloader") in the main program window and you should see a popup with the version eg. 3.2 and the build 3.2.1015.0 (1015 is the build).
STEP-1: IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS for PRO SERVER users (BEFORE YOU UPGRADE)
PRO Server: Uninstall the service
Uninstall the service by going to the service tab in the program and then clicking on the uninstall button. Then quit the program. It may be preferable to uninstall the program at this point from the control panel. None of your settings will be lost when doing so.
An alternative to the above: Uninstall manually
If you are having trouble uninstalling the service from within the program you can use this process to manually uninstall the running service. The process below will help shutdown the service via an alternate means (without needing to run the program).
- Quit the program (or all instances of it) if you are running it.
- From services.msc stop the MailAttachmentDownloaderService if its running
- Delete the service in services.msc or alternatively at a command prompt (run as admin), run "sc delete MailAttachmentDownloaderService" to remove the service
- Uninstall the app using Control Panel (settings / config are not removed, they stay intact)
Your license email from
email@example.com the download link to the binaries. Make sure you save this email and refer to it. Use the link in the license email and download the latest installer for the latest build. Then proceed with the installation.
UPGRADE to latest build.
1. Re-download the same installer from the link in your license email (this will always update to the latest build)
2. IMPORTANT: Uninstall the SERVICE FIRST (PRO Server only) from within the program,
3. THEN Uninstall the program from Control Panel. Your settings will be preserved even after uninstalling the program.
4. Re-install the program
- Free instructions - If you are using the free version, just go to our website to get and install the latest build.
- PRO instructions - If you are using the PRO versions, use the SAME link that you received in your license email to install the latest build. Your settings will be preserved with the upgrade.