Step-1: Upgrade first to the latest build
- Quit the program (or all instances of it) if you are running it.
- At a command prompt (run as admin), run "sc delete MailAttachmentDownloaderService" to remove the service
- Uninstall the app using Control Panel (settings / config are not removed, they stay intact)
UPGRADE to latest build 3.2.1027 or later.
Re-download the same build 3.2.1026 or later again from the link in your license email -- uninstall the SERVICE (PRO Server only) first if you have it installed, uninstall the program from Control Panel. Your settings will be preserved even after uninstalling the program.
- Free instructions - If you are using the free version, just go to our website to get and install the latest build.
- PRO instructions - If you are using the PRO versions, use the SAME link that you received in your license email to install the latest build. Your settings will be preserved with the upgrade.Latest current PRO build is: 3.2.1027To check the build you currently have, hover the mouse over the main title text (i.e. "Mail Attachment Downloader") in the main program window and you should see a popup with the version eg. 3.2 and the build 3.2.1015.0 (1015 is the build).
Step-2: Specify registry keys for TLS 1.2 (recommended)
- quit the application and/or
- uninstall the service using the service tab in the program and re-install the service.
1.) .NET Framework strong cryptography registry keys
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v4.0.30319] "SchUseStrongCrypto"=dword:00000001 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v4.0.30319] "SchUseStrongCrypto"=dword:00000001
2.) Secure Channel (Schannel) TLS 1.2 registry keys
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.2] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.2\Client] "DisabledByDefault"=dword:00000000 "Enabled"=dword:00000001 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.2\Server] "DisabledByDefault"=dword:00000000 "Enabled"=dword:00000001
Step-3: Specify proxy (if still unable to validate)
- Ports 80 and Port 443 need to be open
- All websites under gearmage.com [*.gearmage.com] MUST be granted access so the program can check with the licensing servers
- Make sure all entered information is valid, that all fields in the license page are all CASE-SENSITIVE and there are no leading/trailing spaces
- Make sure you have the correct proxy settings specified as mentioned here: https://gearmage.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1842794-license-cannot-be-activated-as-license-could-not-b